Position Title: Record Information Management Lead Controls Analyst
Company Name: MetLife
Location(s): Bridgewater, New Jersey, 08807, United States
Entry Level: No
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Compliance
Salary: Grade 30
Number of Openings: 1
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for planning, developing and administering the RIM program for electronic documents (domestic and international arenas) that satisfy NARA Policy/Guidelines and comply with ISO Standard 15489 ? Records Management and ARMA?s Generally Accepted Recordkeeping Principles (GARP). Duties include a close partnership with the RIM program director and Information Technology to develop the electronic policies and procedures as they apply to both structured and unstructured electronic data. Assists in evaluating business requirements, utilizing knowledge of principles of records and information management, administrative processes and systems, cost controls, governmental recordkeeping requirements, and organizational objectives. The incumbent coordinates and directs through business record champions and coordinators activities related to electronic records management, retention, and disposition. Monitors program implementation and reports on progress
- Develop the enterprise-wide strategy for managing electronic documents (eDocs) / records in the legacy and emerging technology (e.g., social media) environments, applying industry best practices
- Requires working with RIM program director, IT partners, legal and Compliance departments in addition to Business groups. Obtain necessary approvals from RIM Governance Board.
- Assess current state of IT records environment, identify high risk business processes and recommend prioritized remediation activities.
- Serves as a liaison between the business and the IT area, translating varied business needs into application software requirements
- Develop appropriate RIM metrics to measure progress, provide program guidance and feedback.
- Develop new RIM processes and procedures for the electronic environment applying ISO Standard 15489
- Records Management and NARA Policy/Guidelines
- Develop training programs on the eDocs RIM program. Assist business areas in enhancing their training programs to include electronic records procedures.
- Coordinate implementation of any eDocs initiatives approved by the RIM Governance Board.
- Assist IT organization in implementation of electronic records program requirements and resolving issues.
- Monitor RIM electronic records program compliance and report progress to the RIM Governance Board
- Coordinate with the RIM program director and Legal and GAIRD on changes in states laws that affect the RIM Electronic Documents Program.
- Support periodic audits of the eDocs RIM program in addition to working with Auditing on official company audits.
- Proactive in recognizing and reacting to issues as they present themselves. Job Requirements
- At least 8 years overall experience with enterprise records and information management, including acting as a liaison between the IT and the Business teams- gathering and developing requirements, interfacing with the IT, and managing implementation.
- At least 2 years experience working with electronic records management systems, required
- Experience managing critical relationships with IT, consultants and vendors, internal end users, and business customers/leadership
- Experience with emerging technologies and social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, and Wikis.
- Records Manager Certification, preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor's degree, preferred
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective partnerships with key internal and external partners Business Category Technology and Operations
How To Apply For immediate consideration see:
Equal Employment Opportunity MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.