As a member of our Data Quality team you will be involved in the computer-based review, management and maintenance of data integrity prior to publication on our web site. You will interface with our Development team to help ensure on-going improvements to data quality through pre and post data collection processes. Ensuring accurate and timely delivery of cleansed consistent data for publication to our web site will be central to your role.
The position is ideally suited for someone with librarian and cataloging skills and background. We are looking for candidates who will be with the start-up company as it grows for the long-term with genuine opportunity for advancement.
- Learn the definition of agreed to requirements for data quality
- Run pre-defined data queries to identify and correct data inconsistencies and issues
- Ensure cleanliness and accuracy of data to be used for deliverables
- Responsibility for timely delivery of tasks and deliverables
- Load data into the production environment
- Communication and documentation skills required to enable formalizing of Data Quality checks process and communicating to other team members
- Liaise internally with Development team to assist in the development of enhanced custom data solutions
- College degree in Information Management or related field preferred
- 2+ years of Content Management experience an advantage
- Experience in high-tech product development environment an advantage
- Experience managing in a data intensive, multiple project, deadline-driven environment
- Strong decision making skills and the ability to troubleshoot potential workflow issues.
- Good understanding of the IT business
- Detail oriented with a good sense of organization
- Ability to work independently but well in a team environment.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage several tasks
- Ability to prioritize workload and work under strict deadline, time frames and pressure
- Communications and Presentation Skills
- Support the Business Analyst community
- Strong Problem Solving/Analytical skills
- Skilled at internet research
We are a start-up company providing Search in the area of government data. We efficiently capture, organize, maintain and present data from otherwise difficult to find sources and deliver user-friendly access to high quality search results based on our customized processes.